Saturday, June 1, 2013

MRI results


It took over a week to get the results of the MRI. It turns out the nurse practitioner was on vacation last week. I thought that might be the case, with the Memorial Day weekend, and all.

I finally called her on Wednesday. The MRI found a "suspicious" structure in the left breast (I don't remember the exact term, but it was pretty vague). This area is in a new location that they hadn't seen before. The doctor wants to biopsy the area to determine whether it is cancerous. I am scheduled for an MRI-guided biopsy this coming Wednesday (because clearly the pleasure of a biopsy isn't enough...this way I get to experience the joy of both biopsy and MRI!).

No, really, I'm glad it is being biopsied. Best to be sure. I only wish the MRI had been ordered earlier in the process, before I got the earlier biopsies. My breast tissue is so dense that mammograms can have difficulty seeing through it.


Now that I know what to expect from the biopsy experience, I don't think it will be as difficult for me as the previous ones were. This means another round of waiting for test results, though. The waiting is the hardest part of this. Is it cancer? If so, will it be as easy to treat as the other malignancy? Or will they say the dreaded word: "chemotherapy"?

No comments:

Post a Comment