Friday, June 14, 2013

Benign!

I finally got a call with the results of the biopsy of my left breast. It is benign! That's good news.

I was told that the results would be in 3-5 days after the biopsy, which would have been last Friday or this Tuesday. It's now Friday. I finally called yesterday morning and left a message with the secretary asking for the results. It's frustrating to have been made to wait this long. But, whatever...it's benign!

This doesn't get me out of all surgery on the left breast. As far as I know will still have a surgical biopsy done, on the area of atypical cells in the left breast that was previously biopsied with a needle. But at least I won't have to have two incisions on the left.

I also have an appointment this coming Thursday to schedule the surgery and get bloodwork (I think) and other things needed for the surgery. I have decided to go with "breast-conserving" surgery, i.e., "lumpectomy", which is apparently still an option based on the results of the MRI. Sweet!

I'm happy that things are moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment