Thursday, July 4, 2013

A busy few weeks

I have been pretty busy in these past two weeks getting ready to be out of commission post-surgery. I will be taking disability leave from work of up to four weeks. A lot of my time at work recently has been spent finishing up projects I have been working on, and delegating my workload to various coworkers to take up while I'm out. I have never taken so much time off work before. Only a week or two for vacations, never a month before. I work with great people, and I have every confidence that the work tasks will go smoothly. It does feel weird, though, to be delegating my work load for that long of a time.

In my off-work life, I found a substitute teacher for the yoga class I teach! She will only be able to teach for six weeks until she heads off to college. But the yoga students are grateful, and it will be great experience for this new graduate from yoga teacher training.

I also wrapped up the meditation class I teach. I completed the series on the Yamas - yoga ethical guidelines - that I was teaching, then taught one more class without notes, from the heart, that ended up being just a fantastic class. What a great note to end pause on. Others will teach the class while I heal from surgery.

I have also been getting my own self ready. Last weekend I bought more of the bras I'm supposed to wear post-surgery: high impact sports bras with a back closure (rather than the kind that slip on over the head). This bra construction is supposed to provide the kind of strong support I will need as I heal from the surgery.

Today is a holiday, the 4th of July. I took the 5th off as well. I'll be heading over to our old farmhouse to get more packing done, before the restrictions on lifting begin again. See, we're in the middle of a move. We have been able to move some of our things, but quite a bit still remains at the old house. Before my diagnosis, I had planned to use my vacation to finish packing and complete the move, but life had other plans. So it goes.

P.S. Surgery count-down - one week from today. Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment