Monday, October 24, 2011

Yoga for a sick day

I was sick today and spent most of the day in bed. I guess I have the cold that's been going around my office. But aside from a little nasal discharge, and a tight feeling in my chest, my only real symptom is fatigue. I have been really tired all day.

This surprised me, because I didn't think I was all that sick. I expected to perk up in the afternoon, at least enough to feel like doing the dishes. But I didn't feel like moving at all.

The only thing that got me out of bed was this blog. I was like, "I should do some restorative yoga and then write about it. Wouldn't that be cool?"

So finally, after reading up on yoga to help the immune system, I pulled myself out of bed and onto the mat. I stopped for a shower first, in the hopes that it would warm me up and make me feel better. I did some gentle breath of fire, followed by cat & cow, supported bridge pose, supported fish pose, and finally legs-up-the-wall.

You know what? I do feel better. Good enough to put away dishes and write this entry, at least. Of course, I will probably fall right back into bed any minute now...

No comments:

Post a Comment