Friday, October 5, 2012

Hummmm.......

That awkward moment when you start humming along with the microwave that's heating up your lunch...and then you realize you aren't the only person in the room.

Who's with me?!? Anyone?

True story: When my little brother was a toddler, I was 9 or 10 at the time, he hummed all the time while he was playing. No tune, just a monotone note. My mom once asked him why he liked to hum so much. He said it made his throat feel better.

My mom relayed this conversation to me, adding that she'd tried it, and he was right! It did make her throat feel better.

I decided to try it, too. To this day I occasionally hum to myself. If I'm around some machine that hums, like a refrigerator or a microwave, I will hum along to one of the harmonics in the tone.

Come to think of it, that hum is like the end of "Om", when it's resonating in your head. Try it! It'll make you feel good! Just maybe not randomly in front of coworkers.

Hmmmm.........

No comments:

Post a Comment