Saturday, July 2, 2011

Inner flood

I wrote the following in early February, the day before my Reiki 2 attunement.


Since I started getting Reiki in December I have felt like a dam within me broke through. I have finally let go of the energy I was holding for a new job and possible move, which never materialized.  My energy is now free to find new directions.

I probably would have made this shift anyway, but the addition of the Reiki is making this change all the more powerful and swift. The dam within me burst and my heart is flowing out. My acupuncture intern noticed the change in me as soon as she saw me this week. "I can tell by your face that things are much better for you," she said.

Tomorrow morning I receive a Reiki 2 attunement. Right after my Reiki 1 attunement a decade ago I felt like the top of my head had been lifted off and I had been scrubbed out with a bottle brush. It was uncomfortable, and I don’t think I was ready then for that much energy to run through me. But now I have over nine years of meditation and yoga practice, and two of qigong, behind me. And four recent Reiki healing sessions to cleanse and prepare me. I think I’m ready.

Even still, I want to prepare myself. This evening, I will do some qigong to work out any tension in my body, then spend the rest of the evening in meditation and prayer. I will eat a light dinner and an even lighter breakfast. I’m supposed to fast for 12 hours before the attunement, but I don’t do well with fasting, so she says it’s okay for me to eat a very light meal.

I am excited, and a little nervous. After this I will be able to give distance energy healing to others, as well as giving healing to myself in a way that won’t cause me pain. It will also increase my spiritual awareness and will most likely continue the opening I am feeling going on inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment